Shift Plant Operator – £30,000 – £35,000 DOE
Shift pattern: 12 hours, 4 on 4 off night and days
A fantastic opportunity to join our client based just outside Bedford as a Plant Operator as part of their Operations department.
They are looking to add to their team for the long term, so this would be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to build on their skills and create a career within in this unique industry.
Are you alert with an attention to detail that is willing to help with general maintenance and repairs in the plant and also take pride in the cleanliness of the workspace?
Are you self-motivated and able to come up with ideas to improve your working process and environment?
If yes, this could be your next career move!
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader and Operations Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
* The day to day operation of the plant, including being responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all auxiliary equipment, e.g. using SCADA computer system to monitor the behaviour of the power plant, monitoring chemical levels and waste levels and visual checks of combustion and ash.
* Maintain various records and reports in appropriate logs, e.g. daily checks, midnight readings and water sample tests.
* Make regular checks of plant equipment and make adjustments, repairs, and service equipment as required
* Maintain site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the plant
* Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
* Providing effective administration and application of safe systems of work and Health and Safety policies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience from the same, or a similar plant/industry such as Material Recovery Facility, Biomass Plant, Anaerobic Digestion, Biogas, Mechanical or Electrical.
* Mechanical or Electrical experience to assist with maintenance and repairs as and when required
* Willingness to get involved in all aspects of the Plant Operation including using Plant Equipment
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications (But not crucial)
* A CHP, Boiler licence or other relevant power plant accreditation or knowledge
* An IOSH accreditation
* G/NVQ in Plant Mechanics/Maintenance or something of this nature
* Telehandler licence or other forklift licence
Package and Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package as follows:
* A competitive salary with a shift allowance
* Bonus opportunity
* Company pension
* 20 days holiday per year