Junior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £22000.00 – £24000.00 Per Annum
Our client is an expanding business with an increasing presence in their industry, who now have an opening for a Junior Quantity Surveyor. They are a specialist contractor to the water industry, currently holding 5 and 10-year framework contracts covering 75% of the UK with 13 of the UK’s leading water companies as well as the Environment Agency. Whilst their core business is the refurbishment of potable water storage reservoirs and water towers, they have recently constructed their first new-build reservoir. As a growing business with a sustainable and achievable growth strategy, this is an exciting time for them. If you see yourself working for a company that engages, develops and rewards its people, this could be just the place for you.
Job Role: Reporting to the Framework Manager and Commercial Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for receiving, processing and submitting framework and bespoke pricing schedules and tenders, assisting with all commercial aspects of ongoing projects and supporting with the company’s month-end accounting processes. Recent graduates looking for an opportunity to develop in a growing business would be considered ideal for this position. This Junior Quantity Surveyor position will be based from their Chawston office and will require travel to site and client visits. You will cover a large geographical area servicing our framework contracts with Anglian Water, Thames Water and others.
* Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant work experience
* Experience of working to NEC framework agreements
* Strong contract negotiation and administration
* Excellent communication at all levels
* Ability to assist with order book turnover and gross margin projections
* An understanding of civil engineering delivery, or the desire to learn
* Full driving licence
* Ideally a member of RICS
* Company car
* 24 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays with an option to purchase 5 extra days
* Life assurance (2 x salary)
* 6% Company pension contribution
* Access to hundreds of retail, travel and gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, reward and recognition initiatives and more via Salary Extras
* A social committee, giving you the opportunity to attend thrilling experience days and trips to sporting activities
* Opportunities for job specific training
Apply Now !!!