Salary: £40000.00 – £45000.00 Per Annum
Our client is an expanding business with an increasing presence their industry, who now have an opening for a Quantity Surveyor with commercial experience. They are a specialist contractor to the water industry, currently holding 5 and 10-year framework contracts covering 75% of the UK with 13 of the UK’s leading water companies as well as the Environment Agency. Whilst their core business is the refurbishment of potable water storage reservoirs and water towers, they have recently constructed their first new-build reservoir. As a growing business with a sustainable and achievable growth strategy, this is an exciting time for them. If you see yourself working for a company that engages, develops and rewards its people, this could be just the place for you.
Job Role: Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, the post-holder will be responsible for receiving, processing and submitting framework and bespoke pricing schedules and tenders, managing all commercial aspects of ongoing projects and assisting with the company’s month-end accounting processes. People with wide experience of both estimating and quantity surveying within the construction industry would be considered ideal for this position. This Quantity Surveyor role will be based from their Aldershot office with a view to move to Horsham. You will cover a large geographical area of the South of England.
* Ideally a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
* Experience of working to NEC framework
* Strong understanding of civil engineering delivery is essential
* Strong contract negotiation and administration
* Excellent communication at all levels
* Ability to maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections
* Full driving licence
* Company car
* 24 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays with an option to purchase 5 extra days
* Life assurance (2 x salary)
* 6% Company pension contribution
* Access to hundreds of retail, travel and gym membership discounts, cycle to work scheme, reward and recognition initiatives and more via Salary Extras
* A social committee, giving you the opportunity to attend thrilling experience days and trips to sporting activities
* Opportunities for job specific training
This position is currently based in Aldershot with a view to relocate to the Horsham area.