Shift Plant Maintenance Manager – £40,000 – £45,000 DOE
Shift pattern: 12 hours, 4 on 4 off night and days
A fantastic opportunity to join our client based just outside Bedford as a Plant Maintenance Manager as part of their Operations department.
They are looking to add to their team for the long term, so this would be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to build on their skills and create a career within in this unique industry.
Are you self-motivated and able to come up with ideas to improve your working process and environment?
If yes, this could be your next career move!
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
* Coordinate and implement Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
* Create and update records and data bases with maintenance and other data.
* Carry out reactive maintenance and breakdowns of plant and Equipment.
* Implementation of engineering work instructions and associated documentation.
* Ensure health, safety and environmental policy/guidelines are observed to maintain a safe working environment.
* Proven problem solving capabilities and knowledge of continuous improvement tools
* Good planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
* Maintain various records and reports in appropriate logs, e.g. daily checks, midnight readings and water sample tests.
* Make regular checks of plant equipment and make adjustments, repairs, and service equipment as required
* Maintain site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the plant
* Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
* Providing effective administration and application of safe systems of work and Health and Safety policies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* You’re an experienced and qualified maintenance engineer, with a ‘hands on’ background.
* The successful applicant should have a track record in Engineering Maintenance.
* Experience of working in a Biomass environment would be advantageous.
* Experience from the same, or a similar plant/industry such as Material Recovery Facility, Biomass Plant, Anaerobic Digestion, Biogas, Mechanical or Electrical.
* Willingness to get involved in all aspects of the Plant Operation including using Plant Equipment.
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications (But not crucial)
* A CHP, Boiler licence or other relevant power plant accreditation or knowledge
* An IOSH accreditation
* G/NVQ in Plant Mechanics/Maintenance or something of this nature
* Telehandler licence or other forklift licence
Package and Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package as follows:
* A competitive salary with a shift allowance
* Bonus opportunity
* Company pension
* 20 days holiday per year
Job Reference: QC140618C
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + DOE Bonus, 20 days hol, pension
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Consultant Team: Sally Haynes
Salary Pro Rata:
Job Min Experience:
Job Latitude: 52.121685
Job Longitude: -0.387268
Job City: Bedfordshire
Job Short Description: